Selection Process: Discretionary Competitive
For critical events (dates), pay careful attention to the critical events section on the 2017-2018 Perkins Reserve Grant program details page at
The purpose of this grant program is to provide assistance to local educational agencies (LEAs) in
- a) the preparation of students who enroll in career and technical education (CTE) courses for high-skill, high-wage, or high-demand occupations in current or emerging fields;
- b) strengthening linkages between secondary and postsecondary CTE programs of study as well as establishing or strengthening partnerships with business and industry;
- c) establishing or strengthening partnerships with business and industry to include work-based learning opportunities;
- d) fostering innovation of CTE programs, practices, and strategies, which may include practices and strategies that prepare individuals for nontraditional fields; or
- e) promoting the development, implementation, and adoption of programs of study or career pathways aligned with Texas-identified in-demand occupations or industries.
LEAs that receive assistance under Section 131 of the Perkins Act and have been awarded a Perkins formula grant for the 2017–2018 school year and are also rural, serving a high number of CTE students, or serving a high percentage of CTE students are eligible to apply for a grant.
Title I, Part A, Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006, Public Law 109-270, Section 112(a)(1)
Additional Program Information
The following additional program information can be found on the 2017-2018 Perkins Reserve Grant program details page:
- Funding Information
- Application and Support Information
- Critical Events
- Contact Information
Visit the 2017-2018 Perkins Reserve Grant program details page at http://burleson.tea.state.tx.us/GrantOpportunities/forms/GrantProgramSea....
You must select "2017-2018 Perkins Reserve Grant" in the Application Name field (first field in the search options box), and select the "search" button.