The Business Management and Administration Career Cluster® focuses on careers in planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations.
Career Cluster Pathways
The Business Management and Administration Career Cluster® has five career cluster pathways to guide students to their desired occupation.
- General Management
- Business Information Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Administrative Support
Source: Advance CTE
To help students learn more about careers in business management and administration, download and distribute the Business Management and Administration College and Career Planning Guide.
Follow the links below to teaching resources related to this career cluster.
- Scope and Sequence
- Lesson Plans
- Programs of Study
- Course Pages
- Business English
- Business Information Management I
- Business Information Management II
- Business Information I/Business Lab
- Business Information II/Business Lab
- Business Law
- Business Management
- Global Business
- Human Resources Management
- Practicum in Business Management
- Practicum in Business Management/Extended Practicum in Business Management
- Principles of Business, Marketing, and Finance
- Touch System Data Entry
- Virtual Business
Business management and administration teachers should get involved in at least one career and technical education (CTE) professional association. They are excellent sources of career cluster-specific teaching tools, ideas, networking, and mentors.
The following associations are related to business management and administration careers:
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE)
- Career and Technology Association of Texas (CTAT)
- National Business Education Association (NBEA)
- Texas Business and Technology Educators Association
Career Cluster News
Stay on top of current practices and news by attending conferences in the business field.
Here are a few upcoming events:
Business Professionals of America Texas Fall Conference
Fall Leadership Conferences: These conferences are hosted across the state usually in October and November. They are currently in the planning stages.
Business Professionals of America Texas State Leadership Conference
February 28-March 3, 2018 - Corpus Christi, Texas
NBEA 2018 Annual Convention
Watch for information on this event as it becomes available
FBLA State Leadership Conference (SLC)
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) provides workforce development services and resources to Texas employers and job seekers.
Take a few moments to bookmark the following TWC resources to explore later: