The Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics (TDL) Career Cluster® focuses on careers in planning, management, and movement of people, materials, and goods by road, pipeline, air, rail and water and related professional support services such as transportation infrastructure planning and management, logistics services, mobile equipment and facility maintenance.
Career Cluster Pathways
The Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics Career Cluster® has seven career cluster pathways to guide students to their desired occupation.
- Transportation Operations
- Logistics Planning and Management Services
- Warehousing and Distribution Center Operations
- Facility and Mobile Equipment Maintenance
- Transportation Systems/Infrastructure Planning, Management and Regulation
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management
- Sales and Service
Source: Advance CTE
To help students learn more about TDL careers, download and distribute the Transportation, Distribution and Logistics College and Career Planning Guide.
Follow the links below to teaching resources related to this career cluster.
- Scope and Sequence
- Lesson Plans
- Programs of Study
- Course Pages
- Advanced Transportation Systems Laboratory
- Aircraft Airframe Technology
- Aircraft Powerplant Technology
- Automotive Basics
- Automotive Technology I: Maintenance and Light Repair
- Automotive Technology II: Automotive Service
- Basic Collision Repair and Refinishing
- Collision Repair
- Diesel Equipment Technology I
- Diesel Equipment Technology II
- Distribution and Logistics
- Energy and Power of Transportation Systems
- Introduction to Aircraft Technology
- Introduction to Transportation Technology
- Management of Transportation Systems
- Paint and Refinishing
- Practicum in Distribution and Logistics
- Practicum in Distribution and Logistics/Extended Practicum in Distribution and Logistics
- Practicum in Transportation Systems
- Practicum in Transportation Systems/Extended Practicum in Transportation Systems
- Principles of Distribution and Logistics
- Principles of Transportation Systems
- Small Engine Technology I
- Small Engine Technology II
TDL teachers should get involved in at least one career and technical education (CTE) professional association. They are excellent sources of career cluster-specific teaching tools, ideas, networking, and mentors.
The following associations are related to this career cluster:
- Association for Career and Technical Education
- Career and Technology Association of Texas (CTAT)
- National Automotive Technology Education Foundation
- Texas Industrial Vocational Association (TIVA)
- Texas Automotive Instructors Association
Career Cluster News
Stay on top of current practices and news by attending relevant conferences.
Here are a few upcoming events:
SkillsUSA Texas State Conference
April 5-8, 2018
Corpus Christi, TX
2018 TIVA Summer Professional Development Conference
July 16-20, 2018
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) provides workforce development services and resources to Texas employers and job seekers.
Take a few moments to bookmark the following TWC resources to explore later: