The Manufacturing Career Cluster® focuses focuses on planning, managing, and performing the processing of materials into intermediate or final products and related professional and technical support activities such as production planning and control, maintenance, and manufacturing/process engineering.
Career Cluster Pathways
The Manufacturing Career Cluster® has five career cluster pathways to guide students to their desired occupation in this field.
- Manufacturing Production Process Development
- Maintenance, Installation and Repair
- Quality Assurance
- Logistics and Inventory Control
- Health, Safety and Environmental Assurance
Source: Advance CTE
To help students learn more about careers in manufacturing, download and distribute the Manufacturing College and Career Planning Guide. The guide makes an excellent critical reading assignment for students taking the Practicum in Manufacturing course.
Follow the links below to teaching resources related to this career cluster.
- Scope and Sequence
- Lesson Plans
- Programs of Study
- Course Pages
- Diversified Manufacturing I
- Diversified Manufacturing II
- Introduction to Welding
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology I
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology II
- Metal Fabrication and Machining I
- Metal Fabrication and Machining II
- Practicum in Manufacturing
- Practicum in Manufacturing/Extended Practicum in Manufacturing
- Precision Metal Manufacturing I
- Precision Metal Manufacturing II
- Precision Metal Manufacturing II Lab
- Principles of Manufacturing
- Welding I
- Welding II
- Welding II Lab
Manufacturing teachers should get involved in at least one career and technical education (CTE) professional association. They are excellent sources of career cluster-specific teaching tools, ideas, networking, and mentors.
The following associations are related to careers in manufacturing:
- Association for Career and Technical Education
- Career and Technology Association of Texas (CTAT)
- Texas Industrial Vocational Association (TIVA)
- American Petroleum Institute (API)
Career Cluster News
Stay on top of current practices and news by attending conferences in the Manufacturing field.
Here are a few upcoming events:
SkillsUSA Texas State Conference
April 5-8, 2018
Corpus Christi, TX
2018 TIVA Summer Professional Development Conference
July 16-20, 2018
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) provides workforce development services and resources to Texas employers and job seekers.
Take a few moments to bookmark the following TWC resources to explore later:
No Subcontent exists.